Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MY FIRST LOVE... BIKINIS


I am a bikini addict. I am seriously considering relocating in order to increase the preportion of my life that will be spent in swimwear. At Fashion Night Out 2009 my first stop was Norma Kamali were I purchased 3 bikinis. One in particular was a skimpy black and white striped number with neon green piping. I gave it to a friend and just today saw a picture of Rhianna wearing the damn thing, looks good one should have kept it grrr!
I get great pleasure out of discovering foreign bikini brands especially those from Latin America. While in Brazil in 2005, I was introduced to Cia Martima and have been a fan ever since. These days you can find Cia Martima at most high end bikini shops, such as www.mollybrownswimwear.com. Cia Martima is even sold by Victoria's Secret but I am convinced that its simply a licensing deal because the fabrics and cuts are not up to par when purchased from VS. A couple of years ago, I had a spandex jean bikini with heart print inserts shipped to me from Pinel in Columbia, that one always gets noticed.
Today, I came across a newish brand called Verao Agora from Brazil. I am loving their cuts like the shirred top below.
You can find Verao Agora on www.allwetbeachwear.com. Right now its summer somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment